I began teaching as an industry expert adjunct (IEA). This means I came into the classroom with relevant industry experience but no background in teaching. Learning how to translate what I understood about my trade into a relevant classroom experience was one of the most challenging and exciting experiences of my professional career.
My students inspired me with their creativity and raw curiousity and I wanted to prepare them to the best of my ability. Towrds this goal, I pursued a PhD in curriculum and instruction and received tenure and promotion in 2022.
Recent teaching honors include:
- Printing Industries of America Education Award of Excellence
- Named a Clemson University TeachingForward Fellow
- ClemsonGC Professor of the Year, voted by undergraduate students
- Named a Robert H. Brooks Faculty Fellow
- Nominated as an Adobe Education Leader, a worldwide group of educators leveraging creativity and research in the classroom for the 3rd year in a row
- Faculty mentor for the Clemson Film Club and I help host the annual film festival celebrating student filmmakers